'Tis the Season!


The day after Thanksgiving for most people is a time to wake up insanely early and stand in line to do some hardcore shopping. In our household, we like to sleep in. For as long as I can remember we've always begun decorating for Christmas right after Thanksgiving.

When we moved from Los Angeles we finally had to say goodbye to our huge artificial tree. Last year we were out of town, so we didn't decorate for the holidays...or buy a tree. For a Christmas freak like me, I was definitely bummed out. We did get TONS of snow though, which is something you don't see with a California Christmas.

This year though, things will be different.


My dad and I headed over to Target the day before Thanksgiving to see what they had to offer in the tree department, and we ended up coming home with this little beauty. Neither of my parents are really interested in seasonal decorating, so they've always let it be my project. I love it!


I've never had a prelit tree before, or one with white lights. Isn't it pretty though? And so much less work. Not to mention it's about half the size of our old one, which means half the time and half the scratches from trying to 'fluff' the branches.


And here it is, all decorated! I love the color, it looks so realistic compared to some fake trees I've seen. The cashmere tips really make the difference, as pretentious as they may seem.



I had to choose carefully which ornaments to use this year, but luckily I had room for most of my favorites.


I made this ornament when I was in Brownies. That seems like such a long time ago. You can almost still smell the cinnamon.

There's just one thing missing.

A star on top! Our old tree topper is the size of the whole top half of the tree, so I think we'll have to improvise on that. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'm just happy to have a tree this year.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails