True Confessions: I was a Facebook Addict.



Yes, it's true. Somehow I found myself sucked in to the world of wall posts, bumper stickers, and status updates. Luckily, I managed to escape before I fell down the Farmville hole. I've heard there's no hope for recovery once you've hit that point.

As much as I've loved having a Facebook for the past 4 years, I've decided the time has come for a break. Did you know you can deactivate your account? That way everything will still be there next time you log in (friends, pictures, wall posts, etc), but until then you kind of just…disappear.

Staying in touch with everyone from school last year is something I probably wouldn't be able to do with Facebook, but at the same time I figured out that I was in a way stuck in the past. Seeing pictures of the weekends I missed and getting invites to formals and parties I wouldn't be able to attend is not beneficial when you're already missing something!

It all started with a one week FB detox, and when that ended yesterday morning I was totally back in the saddle! (Or off the wagon?) Either way, I spent a few minutes online before I redeactivated (awesome new word, thankyouverymuch) my account again. Such a tease, I know.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be back. Just not yet. I think I need some more time. I'm working on other things right now, like fitting in to a new school and an entirely new world in a way.  And until then, I can always waste my free time on twitter!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails