Plans and I Don't Mix

Why I should never make plans...

Once again this week, things aren't going quite the way I wanted. Somehow during my run today I managed to pull (?) something. I'm not entirely sure what I did, but every time I shift my weight I feel a sharp pain near my hipbone. My mom thinks I may have pulled a groin muscle. Fabulous! I do things like this a lot, but usually I just get killer bruises or something like that. But, with this newest weird injury, I can't make it from one end of the hallway to the other, much less do the 2 mile hike (one way!) down to the floats. Oh well, maybe next time.

Since I won't be doing anything at all today, I wanted to make a post highlighting some of the crafty goodness I've been up to since I've been home.




I found these wooden letters on sale at Michael's. I painted them with two coats of yellow and made blue dots around the edges with a Q-tip. I thought they turned out really well!



This picture isn't exactly the true color since it's in our bathroom, but you can see the ribbon I found. The ribbon has white dots on it to match the design. I'll probably hang them on my wall at school in the fall.



These are just a few of the things I got to make bracelets. Peace sign charms, different shapes, and somewhere I have a ton of beads and baubles to add.

Another project I've been working on for the past few weeks is a pillow. Yeah, it's taken me this long and it's still not done!



The main reason it's taken me forever is because I lost all motivation, and second, I'm stamping it which is a really time consuming process.



The stamps are small! It takes a while to get the letter lined up correctly on the clear block, and then to paint on the color and actually stamp with it. After that, I peel the letter off the block and throw it into a bowl of water. Every 10 or so letters I dump out the water and wash the stamps to get all of the paint off. I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but I haven't figured it out yet!



Here you can see the arcylic block, and two of the letters ready to go. I was hoping I'd be able to put multiple letters on the block at once, but when I did they were spaced too far apart when I stamped. So I've had to do it one. by. one. It looks pretty cool though!

At this point I have one more line to finish, so when I get around to that I'll make sure to take some pictures. It looks really nice, and I think it'll make a great pillow.

This isn't really a craft, but I've also been baking a LOT. One of my favorites are these from Smitten Kitchen



They took me a while to make, but they were so good! The three of us ate all 32 of them in just a few days!

So that's a little glimpse of what I've been up to craft-wise!

1 comments:

Robin said...

Love the letters...I just finished my baby granddaughters name for her nursery! Those things are fun and easy! Yours look great.
Oh that pillow is going to look great.
Happy Wednesday~
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails