Even MORE pointy sticks.

The past few days have been full of knitting! Crazy, right?

I first learned how to knit when I was about 12 or so, and I started with a scarf. 7 years later, and it's finally done! It's about as long as a hand towel, but it's finally finished.

And from there I've moved onto at least 5 other projects. I'm 3/4 of the way done making this in Raspberry, the wavy one I posted about earlier, and two cabled scarves. It's a lot easier to do than I ever would have thought!

Today I decided to tackle the double pointed needles. I need to take some pictures of this, because it is INTENSE knitting. I'm using FIVE needles. Seriously, it feels like I'm wrestling with a cactus. It's actually really really easy once you get started, but I will admit I was really nervous at first. It's intimidating having so many pointy things jabbing you all at once! If these go well, I really want to try a second pattern I found, which is a little bit more complicated, but not as difficult as the Knucks.

I did find a local yarn store (or LYS, as I've been told), and I had to stop myself from buying a million different kinds of yarn. My dad and I found a Jo-Ann's Superstore too, which was just amazing. For some reason I can't get enough of Michael's and Jo-Ann's.

I'll try to update soon with some pictures of what I'm working on. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails