Mix-Tape Love



Here's what I did: Put iTunes on shuffle and described my thoughts for the first 10 songs that came up.

I guess my iTunes was in a giving mood today, because it didn't pull up any embarrassing or weird songs. I was surprised I didn't get any DMB or 311 because I have SO many of their songs, but I think it really shows how varied my music library is.

1. Recommendation - Mirah
I first heard this song a few years ago, and I loved it from first listen. It's short, only about a minute and a half, but it said a lot to me.

Now you drove so far but now you know
How rough it is to let me go
And let me recommend that you think twice
And i always give the best advice

That was my favorite verse for the longest time, and I remember putting it in my AIM profile! This is definitely one of my favorite break-up songs that made it onto my infamous playlist.

2. 0% Interest - Jason Mraz
I love this song, and I love Jason Mraz. Okay, I love Mr. A-Z more than I love the new hippy dippy Jason who only eats raw foods and green smoothies. His music was just so fun and his lyrics were amazing. FYI, I do love his most recent album We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things, so he must be doing something right! Anyway, I love this song because it's from Live At Java Joe's and there's an adorably hilarious sing-a-long section that makes me giggle like a little girl.

3. Truckin' - Grateful Dead
This song reminds me of my first semester at Santa Monica College. I took a class on the history of rock & roll and this was one of the songs on our listening exam. I loved that class and the professor, and that was when I wrote my very first college term paper!

4. Rock Superstar - Cypress Hill
The only Cypress Hill song I have, but I really like it. It's got an intense beat and I listen to it at the gym a lot, especially when I'm running. It makes me feel like such a badass! If I'm lifting weights I usually end up doing a little dance to this song which usually ends awkwardly when I catch somebody watching. Story of my life.

5. Leaving on a Jet Plane - Chantal Kreviazuk
This song definitely stirs up all sorts of emotions for me. I first discovered Chantal after seeing the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie, which has two of her songs on the soundtrack. I'm not sure how I ended up with this song of hers, but I do know it was on my 'going off to college' playlist. When I hear it now, it reminds me of that summer before I left and how excited, nervous, and scared I was. I couldn't wait to go to college and be 'normal' for once, but I was also leaving everything behind.

6. Stay Fly - Three 6 Mafia
Three 6 Mafiaaaaaa! Oh gosh. I love this song and I loved seeing them last year at Rites of Spring (an on-campus music festival). That was a crazy insane weekend and SO many things happened. Oh how I wish I could share some of those stories! It was definitely a great time, but I would rate Memphis in May as the best weekend of the year. The first Three 6 song I heard was Slob On My Knob and I was fifteen. Definitely not a kid-friendly song. At all.

7. RWB #3 - Remick Smothers
I came thisclose to pretending this song didn't come up! (You'll hear why in a second) I went to school with Remy last year and I love him to pieces. He was my date to Christmas Formal which was an awful night (not because of him!) and I'm pretty sure every girl that was there cried at one point. On the up-side, I did have an awesome dress!

8. Break the Same - Mute Math
I LOVE MUTE MATH. Yes. This song, as well as the entire album, reminds me of the summer/fall of a few years ago. My best friend and I had chosen our Halloween costumes really early and we both decided we needed to work out so we'd look amazing for Halloween. This album was my soundtrack for the gym! And by that. I mean I jammed to it while I walked on the treadmill. Their new album just came out too, and I absolutely love it.

9. I'm On A Boat - The Lonely Island ft. T-Pain
hahaha This song is hilarious and I love it. It reminds me of Rhodes, road trips to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, my Memphis visit and singing it outside of the Kappa Sigma house, and the look on my mom's face when she first saw the music video on Youtube.

10. Phone Home - Lil Wayne
First semester of college. Boy number three and his love for Weezy. Rocking out in the car with my best friends. Using this as our 'drive up' song for when we'd arrive back at campus. Sing alongs with my roommate. Knowing every single word.

Okay, now it's your turn! Feel free to leave the link in the comments. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails