One foot in front of the other.

I've decided to give running one last try, and hopefully the third time's the charm! I'm planning on running in the Santa Marathon in December! Okay, so I'll be doing the 5K, and not the actual marathon, but it's still just as exciting for me! I'm totally going to be rocking a santa hat and bells. And lots of glitter, of course!

I've decided that if I have a goal to work towards, I'll be more motivated to keep up with my workouts. And if after training for and running this race I don't like it, then I can mark it off my to-do list and be done with it.

I've got about 12 weeks until the event, so I'm planning on following the Couch to 5K plan starting from week three. That gives me time to take a rest before the race and also if I get sick I don't have to worry that missing a run or two will throw everything completely off. I'm excited to use Suz'splaylists again! They've got cues for when to run and walk AND they have some kickass music. Love it.

One thing I'm a little apprehensive about is the COLD. It's almost 9 in the morning here, and it's only 40 degrees. BRRR! I'm still a California girl when it comes to cold…totally unprepared. I think I have one pair of running tights and that's about it for warm work out clothes. Do I need to find a hat and gloves? I guess you can't really run in a coat, but I do have a little warm up jacket. I know I could always go to the gym and jump on a treadmill like I used to do, but running outside is really different from a treadmill (and harder!) and I want to be able to use the Map My Run application on my phone. I like to see how far I've gone and how fast I've been running.

So my first run in a LONG time is today, and I'll let you all know how that goes.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails